Change Happens is seeking applications from youth and family serving community-based organizations in Harris County, Texas. These awards are designed to address long-term juvenile delinquency prevention; build the capacity of community-based organizations; to enhance programs that serve youth and families through positive youth development, advocacy, delinquency prevention and intervention programs that strengthen families and communities; engage youth voices and empower youth leadership; advance racial equity and inclusion; and foster positive family relationships. Engaging with supportive services in a community-based setting can help youth navigate and mitigate barriers to successfully transition to adulthood by accessing supportive services to meet basic needs.
a. Eligible Applicants
· This solicitation is open to Nonprofit Organizations that satisfy the requirements stated in the Request for Proposal. At minimum, eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education.
· Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education.
· Faith-based organizations.
· Must be Harris County-based. Applications are open across Harris County but organizations from the following zip codes or provide services in these priority area zip codes are encouraged to apply:
77004 ,77026, 77036, 77067, 77084, 77090, 77338, 77373, 77396, 77449